So guess what? After a little less than 3 months of blogging on this site, I’ve been nominated for a blogging award. I know, I don’t get it either. While it’s my honor, my pleasure, and pretty much my biological prerogative to accept this nomination, I have to take a few sentences to point out how strange this is. It is strange, right? It’s not just me that thinks so, I hope. Okay, so it is strange. We all seem to be in agreement. By “we”, I am of course referring to my multiple personalities. They are also pleased about the nomination by the way, in case you were wondering.
Yup, that should be enough playing shy. Time to rejoice.
I’d like to first thank somethingaboutlynlyn for the nomination. Good on ya lyn! Next, I’d like to thank my rampant addiction to nerdy things. Without it, I would have little to no material with which to pollute the internet. The result of that pollution is this nomination, this chance to become more widely recognized as someone who has too much time on their hands and a spare computer. Ah, the modern age is a beautiful one.
Well, let’s get to the meat of things, shall we? This Real Neat Blog Award has a few rules. They are as follows:
1. Put the award logo in your Blog
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking their blogs
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking their blogs
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog)
6. Ask the bloggers 7 new questions
Seems easy enough. Let’s begin.
1. If you weren’t blogging for a hobby, what would you be doing instead?
My actual job. Yup, I’ve got a summer job. I’m currently a researcher at a university. Very interesting, very exciting. Also, far more meaningful to my existence than this blogging garbage. And yet, here I am. Funny how it works, isn’t it? Either way, I’d probably end up being forced back to work a lot more. I’d pick up other hobbies, like running, table tennis, macrame, extreme underwater basket weaving. Take your pick.
2. How would you define a “real neat blog”?
It’s simple. At any time during the reading of a post on a blog, if I say to myself, “Really? That’s neat.”, then it’s a “real neat blog”. Makes sense to me.
3. If we live during a zombie apocalypse and you could have any superpower/ weapon from an anime, what would it be and why?
Oh man, this is a tough one. If you don’t mind lyn, I think I’m gonna steal this idea for a blog post later. Hmmm, let’s see… I’m in a Type/Moon mood, so let’s say Gilgamesh’s Ea.
Why would it be effective? Well… why not? It is by a definition “The Sword That Cut the World Apart”. I think zombies are pretty low on the tier list in comparison.
4. If you could go on a date with any anime character who would it be and why?
Hmmm… how about Izumi Konata from Lucky Star? I think she would be the easiest person to start up a conversation with. Our interests are basically the same.
5. If you could live in any anime world/setting, what place would it be and why?
This is a tough one. Almost every anime-scape that isn’t in our universe is cool and the experience of living there would be something I’d love to try. However, if I had to pick just one… I’d say the Kabukicho from Gintama. It combines humor and daily antics with seriously epic battles to watch. There’s always something great going on, and it feels like everybody is family. What’s not to like?
6. What are your top five anime?
Aw, c’mon. Lyn technically knows this already, since we both work at UnimeTV, and she’s read my Top 10 Anime post there. Well, for the sake of brevity, I’ll use the top 5 anime I put on my MAL profile.
Cowboy Bebop: The anime definition of “cool”.
Samurai Champloo: Breakdancing, hip-hope, Edo samurai swordfighting. ‘Nuff said.
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha: Does the grim reaper dream dreams darker than black?
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku: So sad that it hurts, then it rubs salt in your wounds.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu: A time traveler, an alien, an esper, and god walk into a bar.
7. Do you want to experience a romance from an anime?
A resounding yes. That is the only type of romance that I want to experience. Do I have a specific one in mind? No, but they all tend to work out in the end, and I really want that part to come true in real life. Do I expect it to happen? Not a chance. Happy trails, people of the internet.
Now for the nominations. I will nominate the following blogs:
My questions are as follows:
1. Answer 1 of the following: Why should someone read your blog instead of mine? OR, Why should someone read my blog instead of yours?
2. Write a simple love poem (in any form) to the anime/manga character of your choice.
3. If you could have any anime character’s costume in your wardrobe, whose would it be?
4. In 140 characters or less, talk about a strong feeling you have regarding something to do with anime.
5. Describe what you think would be the perfect anime. If you think it already exists, please share.
6. Pitch an idea for an anime that is a cross between Bleach, One Piece and Naruto.
7. And last but not least, who are you? Please be brief.
Thanks again to Lyn for the nomination. It really helps me to hear that someone out there is reading my stuff. You can read the Lyn‘s nomination post HERE. Good luck to the nominees, thanks for reading, and have a great day!